Full details can be found at:
Green building (also known as green construction or sustainable building) refers to a structure and using a process that is environmentally responsible and resource-efficient throughout a building’s life-cycle.
We are working hard to develop our sustainable building practices and are proud to be able to offer both the durisol building system and green roofing systems as part of our building services.
Durisol is a premium quality construction material that’s recycled, renewable, and energy efficient. Trusted around the world for over 60 years, Durisol is the safe, reliable alternative to timber-frame and traditional brick/block construction. It can also save you up to 30% compared to the cost of traditional brick and block masonry.
The system boasts the following key features;
- Efficient construction time
- Made from 80% recycled wood, treated not to rot or burn
- BRE Green Guide Rating of A
- Exceeds Building Control requirements
- Fireproof at 1100 degrees Centigrade
- Acoustic performance to 63dB
- U values as low as 0.15
- Breathability yet air tightness of around 3
- Low energy manufacture with low embedded energy
- Waste recycling at every stage of the manufacturing process including site waste
Through our links with Durisol UK we are able to arrange a full design service that will include all necessary structural specifications, part L and U value ratings to fully satisfy the local building control requirements.
Full details of the durisol green build solutions can be found at www.durisol.net
To further enhance our green build solutions we are proud to promote our links with Green Roofs of Harrogate. GROH offer a complete green roof solution to include a fully guaranteed waterproofing system for flat and pitched roofs and a stunning variety of sedum, turf and wildflower roof gardens.